[RDD] Tryphon Debian Repository

Rob Landry 41001140 at interpring.com
Tue Jun 21 15:05:50 EDT 2016

On Tue, 21 Jun 2016, Brett Patram wrote:

> The machine with the usb soundcard, does it also have an onboard audio
> interface? If so, I remember way back I ran into a similar issue with a box
> that had 3 pci cards in it... when the OS boots it doesn't always list the
> hardware in the same order. So my guess may be that its sometimes picking
> onboard chipset first and Rivendell goes to it. If you don't use the onboard
> audio I would disable it from bios to eliminate that possibility.

I use the onboard interface to feed a cue input on the console, and the
USB interface for broadcast audio. I created a file
/etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base.conf with options commands specifying the device
order, so that's not the problem.

The problem is that the USB sound device occasionally disappears, then
reappears, causing Rivendell not to see it until the Rivendell daemons are
restarted.

Rob

--
Я там, где ребята толковые,