[RDD] Tryphon Debian Repository

Brett Patram bpatram at salemcleveland.com
Tue Jun 21 12:47:19 EDT 2016

The machine with the usb soundcard, does it also have an onboard audio interface? If so, I remember way back I ran into a similar issue with a box that had 3 pci cards in it... when the OS boots it doesn't always list the hardware in the same order. So my guess may be that its sometimes picking onboard chipset first and Rivendell goes to it. If you don't use the onboard audio I would disable it from bios to eliminate that possibility.

Brett Patram, CE
On Jun 21, 2016 12:29 PM, Rob Landry <41001140 at interpring.com> wrote:
On Tue, 21 Jun 2016, Cowboy wrote:

> Fred tells me with great regularity that he has had no trouble whatever
> with CentOS 7 **PROVIDED** you use the XFCE desktop and not Gnome3
> under any circumstances whatever.

Yet the CentOS 7 Appliance CD seems to install Gnome3. I have RD running
on two machines under Centos 7/Gnome 3; one machine gives no trouble at
all, but the other one seems to lose touch with its USB sound card from
time to time.

Rob

--
Я там, где ребята толковые,