[RDD] Tryphon Debian Repository

Wayne Merricks waynemerricks at thevoiceasia.com
Tue Jun 21 08:06:29 EDT 2016

Hi,

PPAs etc might not be a bad idea however I recommend holding off for a
while, especially if you're planning to use Ubuntu 16.04.  The MySQL
changes weren't very Rivendell friendly, a bunch of patches have fixed
the worst of these offenders however I guess these won't be in the
general release until whatever comes after 2.14.1.

Plus if you're going this route of PPAs on 16.04 it might be worth
taking the plunge and creating a snappy package, I know there are some
politics involved with snaps but it seems to be getting fairly universal
take up on the major distros already.  Might be a bit premature for this
though, I haven't had a lot of time to look into it.