[RDD] Synchronizing carts and logs

Rob Landry 41001140 at interpring.com
Mon Jun 13 16:57:44 EDT 2016

I can't speak for anyone else, but I'm not looking to export Rivendell
cuts, but to have them show up on a Rivendell system attached to a
different server.

Say, for instance, my client has two radio stations which I will call WSRO
(Framingham) and WBAS (Hyannis).

If someone at WSRO records a newscast in Rivendell, I want it to show up
at WBAS with the same cart number, metadata, and audio; and if someone
records a spot at WBAS, I want it to show up at WSRO.

Moreover, I also want logs generated at one station to be available at the
other.

I've been able to make this happen reliably using my Perl scripts, but
only by reading and writing directly to and from the MySQL CART, CUTS,
LOGS, and *_LOG tables. I'm looking for an alternative that isn't likely
to be broken when someone upgrades to a later version of Rivendell that
might use a different database schema.

Rob

--
Я там, где ребята толковые,