[RDD] Centos 6 ALSA Updates

Wayne Merricks waynemerricks at thevoiceasia.com
Thu Jun 9 07:24:56 EDT 2016

Just as an FYI to any Ubuntu server users, I had to go through the pain
of updating a web server to Ubuntu 16.04.  16.04 really should not be
used in production unless you're willing to work around breakages during
the upgrade.

I've had minor issues in the past with obscure bits but MySQL, PHP and
Apache all breaking/not installing properly on the update is something
obvious I think should have been fixed before release. Hopefully it will
change with the first point release as previously I've updated various
machines as far back as 10.04 over the years without issue so this break
was completely unexpected.