[RDD] Centos 6 ALSA Updates

Robert Jeffares jeffares.robert at gmail.com
Thu Jun 9 06:30:44 EDT 2016

Rick,
As Fred says it's an Alsa thing which comes in an update you can
de-select but has nothing to do with Rivendell.

The update is not going to cause a problem until you re boot. I only
picked it up when I re booted an off line machine.

If you run all the updates check alsamixer settings run alsactrl store
and create the file you are prompted for then  edit rc.local nothing
will change, but if/when you eventually reboot everything will work as
it should.

In time Centos will sort this out, but it's not a Rivendell issue.
Unusual for a settings file to be relocated in a minor release, but it
can and does happen.

You can switch off the Centos updates and just install the Rivendell ones.

My practice is to run with Centos updates as they often improve the
operation of things. Centos has been quite stable, but I still maintain
4 copies of everything and run updates on a non essential machine, then
others one by one. Generally I don't make any changes until they have
been out for a month or so. I do look closely at mysql updates.

regrds

Robert