[RDD] Automatically deleting carts

Fred Gleason fredg at paravelsystems.com
Wed Jun 8 20:30:53 EDT 2016

On Jun 6, 2016, at 10:14, Alessio Elmi <alessio_elmi at hotmail.com> wrote:

> I think this is safer in a way that the SQL user only needs SELECT permission, and it doesn't need to know the actual table design. Acting directly on CART and CUT table may become dangerous if some SQL changes will be in the future. On the contrary, rdxport service is supposed to be updated accordingly.

To reinforce Alessio’s point: yes, using the web service is a *much* safer approach.  The web service is indeed a documented API, which means that any (at this point purely hypothetical) changes would happen systematically and with lots of prior warning.  The same cannot be said for Rivendell’s internal database structure, which can (and does) change regularly between different versions.