[RDD] RDAirply froze for a few seconds

Tom Van Gorkom tomvangorkom at gmail.com
Mon Jun 6 12:03:13 EDT 2016

Riv 2.13 on Centos 6.7

This morning while on a live show, the operator played cuts between the
panel and play list in manual mode. With Rivendell being somewhat new to
everyone here, he started an ID and somehow paused it, so wanted to restart
it from the beginning... probably not a good idea and hard to do. He
clicked on it in the right play list (log) and quickly hit the start
button. I didn't think this was even possible, but he says for a couple
seconds the start button is active. It played. When the ID finished he
clicked a song from the panel, put Riv on automatic and the song refused to
play, the upper left clock froze, and we went silent for a few seconds
while he grabbed an alternate music source. But then it came back on and
worked fine.

When I arrive a few minutes later, the loaded log looked as if it had
completely played to the end except for the hour that he was live that he
didn't play and the play list on the left was mostly empty. I reloaded the
log, found the right place, and it's been playing fine since.

Was this total operator error, a computer glitch, or a possible bug?  I
recommend that they never try to reload and start a cut but resume or move
on if they make a mistake.

Any thoughts?

Tom Van Gorkom
Office: 956-380-8150