[RDD] Desperately need help building clocks for Live Remote (outside broadcast)

ermina ermina at studioplume.com
Thu Jun 2 07:00:06 EDT 2016

Hi,

i go a simpler route (imho).
 From the outside broadcasting place, we send the program to an icecast
server. Then on the audio host at the station, we have a shell script:
#!/bin/bash
RDAIRPLAY_IP=192.168.x.x # rdairplay host ip
if [ "$1" = "onAir" ]
then
         rmlsend --to-host=$RDAIRPLAY_IP LC\ red\ outside\ broadcasting\
live!
         rmlsend --to-host=$RDAIRPLAY_IP RR\ 1!
         rmlsend --to-host=$RDAIRPLAY_IP PS\ 1\ 3000!
         rmlsend --to-host=$RDAIRPLAY_IP RS\ 1\ 10020\ 1\ 21800000! #
record to cart 10020
         rmlsend --to-host=$RDAIRPLAY_IP SN\ now\ 1\ 10020! # display
now data
         rmlsend --to-host=$RDAIRPLAY_IP PM\ 3!
         #
         mplayer -loop 0 -af volume=-5:0 -ao jack:port=[1-2]
http://icecast.ip:8000/my_OB_stream
fi

if [ "$1" = "offAir" ]
then
         pkill mplayer
         rmlsend --to-host=$RDAIRPLAY_IP RR\ 1!
         rmlsend --to-host=$RDAIRPLAY_IP PM\ 2!
         rmlsend --to-host=$RDAIRPLAY_IP PN\ 1!
         rmlsend --to-host=$RDAIRPLAY_IP SN\ now\ 1\ 10001! # default
cart for now data
         rmlsend --to-host=$RDAIRPLAY_IP LC\ black\ STUDIO\ OFF\ AIR\
auto\ on!
fi
# EOF

When it's is time to go live, the script is executed:
$ ./live_remote.sh onAir
either by crontab or manually via ssh. Same thing when its over, with
the "offAir" parameter.

Works for me, and saves two trips into rdlogamanager/edit grids every time.

. e