[RDD] How to setup Rivendell and Securenet System's streaming DCS

Brad Beahm brad at kliqfm.com
Mon Jul 18 16:09:43 EDT 2016

I use Rivendell and streaming from Securenet. I found it was pretty easy.

I have their Cirrus encoder installed on a Windows 7 computer on the
network.  I know their system can use a generic icecast encoder, but the
artist/title stuff works best with their encoder.

Go into RDAdmin, select manage hosts. Select your machine you want to
stream. and go into RDAirPlay settings.
Then Configure Now and Next Parameters.

Under master log I entered the IP of the windows machine that's doing the
encoding. I selected a UDP port (I chose 5888) I knew was open and then the
UDP string is %n|%g|%h|%t|%a|%l|%y|%b%r
I know some of those wildcard will allow spit out no data, but that is a
known good configuration for Rivendell that Securenet uses.  You just have
to have Securenet set their encoder to watch the UDP port you chose.

Good luck
Brad