[RDD] New Rivendell Appliance Setup

Ryan Kin k1n9h4mr at gmail.com
Mon Jul 18 01:15:05 EDT 2016

I even changed my name back to localhost
[root at rdserv rd]# nano /etc/rd.conf
[root at rdserv rd]# service rivendell restart
Starting Rivendell system daemons                          [  OK  ]
[root at rdserv rd]#
Why am I having MySQL problems now? lol

On 7/18/16, Ryan Kin <k1n9h4mr at gmail.com> wrote:
> [...]
>

> On 7/17/16, Tom Van Gorkom <tomvangorkom at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Not to jump into the middle of this discussion but for what it's worth,
>> you
>> will need to change 3 things in rd.conf to get it working.
>>
>> If you have not changed the user names that came with the install, then
>> make the following changes:
>>
>> [Identity]
>> ; These entries are used to define the system user and group that will
>> ; own the audio files.
>> AudioOwner=rd
>> AudioGroup=users
>>
>> Then point the client to your server:
>>
>> [mySQL]
>> ; The connection parameters for the MySQL server.
>> Hostname=rdserver  (the name you gave to your server or the IP address
>> works also)
>> Loginname=rduser
>> Password=letmein
>> Database=Rivendell
>> Driver=QMYSQL3
>>
>> We disable mySQL on the clients. Also make sure that you add all of your
>> hosts to the hosts file with their IP addresses on all machines.
>>
>> You need to make sure you give all the correct permissions on the server
>> mySQL - I assume you found directions for doing that from what you said
>> earlier.
>>
>> Be sure to create an exportfs for the shared folders if you have some
>> such
>> as rd_xfer and export it on the server, and then add the shared file(s)
>> on
>> your fstab list on each client and mount them.
>>
>> That's what I remember without being where I can look at my notes. Hope
>> it
>> helps.
>>
>> Tom Van Gorkom
>> Radio Esperanza Engineering, KRIO AM/FM, KOIR FM
>> Office: 956-380-8150
>> Cell: 865-803-7427
>>
>> Rio Grande Bible Institute
>> 4300 S US Hwy 281
>> Edinburg, TX 78539
>>
>> On Sun, Jul 17, 2016 at 6:08 AM, Ryan Kin <k1n9h4mr at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hey Wayne, this is my rd.conf folder
>>>

>>> ; rd.conf
>>> ;
>>> ; This is the default configuration file for Rivendell
>>> ;
>>> ; by Fred Gleason <fredg at paravelsystems.com>
>>> ;
>>>
>>> [Identity]
>>> ; These entries are used to define the system user and group that will
>>> ; own the audio files.
>>> AudioOwner=rivendell
>>> AudioGroup=rivendell
>>>
>>> ; This password is used by the various Rivendell modules to log into
>>> ; Rivendell system services [caed(8), ripcd(8), rdcatchd(8)].
>>> Password=letmein
>>>
>>> ; This entry is what will appear in RDSelect's list for this
>>> configuration.
>>> Label=Default (Local)
>>>
>>> [mySQL]
>>> ; The connection parameters for the MySQL server.
>>> Loginname=rduser
>>> Password=letmein
>>> Database=Rivendell
>>> Driver=QMYSQL3
>>>
>>> [AudioStore]
>>> MountSource=
>>> MountType=
>>> MountOptions=defaults
>>> CaeHostname=
>>> XportHostname=
>>>
>>> [Logs]
>>> ; Set the method to be used for logging.  Possible values are:
>>> ;  Syslog = Use the syslog facility.
>>> ;    File = Log directly to a file.  See also the 'LogDirectory='
>>> ;           and 'LogPattern=' parameters below.
>>> ;    None = Don't generate logs at all.
>>> Facility=Syslog
>>>
>>> ; The directory to write logs to.  Used only if the 'Facility='
>>> ; parameter is set to 'File'.
>>> LogDirectory=/home/rd/rdlogs
>>>
>>> ; The directory to to put core files in in the event of a daemon
>>> ; crash.  For this to work, you must also configure your environment
>>> ; to allow the generation of core dumps (e.g. 'ulimit -c unlimited').
>>> CoreDumpDirectory=/home/rd/rdlogs
>>>
>>> ; The name of the file to send logs to.  The following wildcards can
>>> ; be used:
>>> ;  %d - The day of the month (01 - 31)
>>> ;  %h - The hour (00 - 23)
>>> ;  %M - The month (01 - 12)
>>> ;  %m - The minute (00 - 59)
>>> ;  %n - The name of the originating module --e.g. 'rdairplay', 'caed'.
>>> ;  %s - The second (00 - 60)
>>> ;  %Y - The four digit year
>>> ; This parameter is used only if the 'Facility=' parameter is set to
>>> ; 'File'.
>>> LogPattern=%n-%Y%M%d.log
>>>
>>> ; Log upload/download debug data.  You generally want to enable this
>>> only
>>> ; when debugging a specific upload/download problem, as *lots* of data
>>> ; can be generated.  Valid arguments are 'Yes' or 'No'.
>>> LogXloadDebugData=No
>>>
>>> [Alsa]
>>> ; ALSA Parameters
>>> ; (It should seldom be necessary to tweak these)
>>> PeriodQuantity=4
>>> PeriodSize=1024