[RDD] Confirming a cart has been played to an external log

Wayne Merricks waynemerricks at thevoiceasia.com
Sat Jul 9 10:46:54 EDT 2016

Hi,

I used the UDP rlm to do this in house as I found the icecast rlm to
sometimes do strange things in our weird set up.  I have the following
udp conf (for rlm):

[Udp1]
IpAddress=127.0.0.1
UdpPort=5860
FormatString=CART=%n\nTITLE=%t\nARTIST=%a\nALBUM=%l\nMS=%h\n
Encoding=0
ProcessNullUpdates=1
MasterLog=Onair
Aux1Log=No
Aux2Log=No

Obviously remove the bits you don't need, I assume you could literally
stick with a cart number as:

FormatString=%n\n

That way you're just dealing with cart numbers and nothing else each
time.

Then I have a reader script that just does this:

CARTNUM=123456

while true; do
   read RAWDATA

   if [[ $RAWDATA == $CARTNUM ]]; then

     #This is the cart you wanted do something

   fi

done

In order to start the listening port I use nc and another script (via
screen):

screen -d -m -S updreader bash -c "nc -l -u -p 5860 |
/path/to/reader/script.sh"

Hope that makes sense,

Wayne