[RDD] Importing Issue with wrong Audio Length

Wayne Merricks waynemerricks at thevoiceasia.com
Wed Jul 6 17:48:01 EDT 2016

You can use bash as a "dropbox" that copies to the real Rivendell
dropbox directory afterwards

#!/bin/bash

#Path to Rivendell dropbox (Change this to whatever)
#Keep the trailing /
RIVENDELL=/home/rivendell/dropbox/

#Would be a good idea to run this in screen so that you can monitor it
#e.g.
# screen -d -m -S mp3fixer /path/to/this/script.sh
# monitor with screen -r mp3fixer
# screen runs in the background so add it as a startup script and
forget
# about it

#Variable to set as running forever
RUNNING=1

#Loop forever
while [ $RUNNING -eq 1 ]; do

   #Find the mp3s
   for file in $(find -name "*.mp3"); do

     #We have mp3s so do something with them
     echo Found $file
     mp3val "$file" -f

     #Move it to Rivendell dropbox
     mv "$file" $RIVENDELL

   done

   #Wait for 30 seconds before checking again
   sleep 30

done

Please note I'm writing this from google and direct to email so please
check it or let me know if something doesn't work properly.