[RDD] VPN access for Rivendell

Robert Jeffares jeffares.robert at gmail.com
Sun Jan 31 16:54:12 EST 2016

I plan to set up external remote access in to my central server to
enable voice tracking.

It looks like I can mount the shared /var/snd on the server at the
external remote client and only the necessary parts of files will be
accessed and travel across the network, as will saved voice tracks.

Remote access to mySQL will enable the remote client to access logs.

To enable a secure consistent reliable connection I need to set up a VPN.

Obviously same versions of RD at each location.

There will be a completion time for each save determined by the speed of
the network.

Has anyone such a set-up in operation? What should I be looking out for?

regards

Robert

--
Robert Jeffares