[RDD] Streaming service?

Cowboy curt at cwf1.com
Thu Jan 28 09:50:13 EST 2016

On 01/28/2016 09:36 AM, Harris, Don wrote:
> We have been using Live365 as our streaming provider and just learned yesterday
> that they are closing down on the 31^st of Jan. My question or poll is what
> other services people are using and ones I should avoid.

 The thing about Live365 has to do with the CRAP Act.
 Congress abdicating to lawyers who pay themselves out of "pay to play"
 streaming "royalty" fees. Live365 can no longer afford to do what they do.
 Mission Accomplished !! The CRAP Act, at the urging of the RIAA is effectively
 killing the competition ( streaming ) in legal but highly unethical ways.

 Lawyers and $$$$$ !
 Whod-a-thunk it ?

 I've got a client or two with SecureNetSystems. ( use my name !!! )
 BUT, they absolutely do require a M$ Windows machine for their proprietary
 M$ Windows Only encoder.
 They do NOTHING as far as DMARC or CRAP Act reporting requirements.
 That will ALL be on you ! ( but they do have a partner arrangement with a group
 who does at least some, and possibly all, of it )

--
Cowboy

cowboy.cwf1.com