[RDD] Rivendell and Program cues.

Rob Landry 41001140 at interpring.com
Mon Jan 18 13:47:20 EST 2016

I have done this. Our network uses five closures: bumper 1 (20 seconds);
bumper 2 (15 seconds); bumper 3 (10 seconds); top-of-hour ID (20 seconds);
and local break start.

I found it most convenient to map each of the the bumpers and ID's to
Sound Panel buttons and have the closures fire the buttons vis macros. The
local break start fires a macro that runs an external shell command
containing an rmlsend with a Play Next command. I found that Play Next
won't fire reliably from a macro within rdairplay; it needs to be fired
from a shell command.

We have a Broadcast Tools audio switcher with input #1 being Rivendell, #2
being the satellite feed, and #3 being the local studio console. When the
local break start closure is received, Rivendell tells the switcher to
mute the satelite audio before playing the first spot in the break. The
last event in each break is a macro to unmute the satellite, after which
Rivendell stops because the first event in the next break has a Stop
transition.

I can't remember why, but I had to use an invalid audio cut as the first
element in each local break. This cut has a Stop transition, and is
immediately followed by the macro to mute the Network feed.

Rob
--
Я там, где ребята толковые,
Я там, где плакаты "Вперёд",