[RDD] CentOS 7 (Beta) Appliance question

sjm sjm.mlists at gmail.com
Sun Jan 10 14:46:55 EST 2016

On 01/08/2016 01:43 PM, Jim Stewart wrote:

>> Are there any interoperability issues between MySQL and MariaDB, or are the two basically clones of each other?

> It is my understanding that it is a "fork" of MySQL that was done because people are untrusting of what Oracle might do (or not do) with MySQL.

To my knowledge, MySQL 5.5 and MariaDB 5.5 are binary compatible and
there shouldn't be any differences in them.  After that you have MySQL
5.6 and MariaDB 10.0 and that is where things start to diverge slightly.
  From my understanding, everything that works in MySQL 5.6 should work
in MariaDB 10.0, but not necessarily the other way around.

These links might help:
https://mariadb.com/kb/en/mariadb/mariadb-vs-mysql-compatibility/
https://mariadb.com/kb/en/mariadb/mariadb-vs-mysql-features/

sjm