[RDD] CentOS 7 (Beta) Appliance question

Cowboy curt at cwf1.com
Fri Jan 8 16:06:57 EST 2016

On 01/08/2016 03:52 PM, Rob Landry wrote:
> God, I'm starting to hate CentOS 7.

 You too ?    :-)

 When you go to log-on, at the little google gear,
 see if you can't choose XFCE instead of gnome.

 Been running it that way a month or two here, and it's fine.
 ( one heck of a lot better than the gnome3 wanna-be-a-smartphone )

 CAUTION : CentOS 7.2 is missing the software manager GUI stuff,
 and if you install it, it crashes at unexpected moments.

 Personally, I like webmin and may well be dumping all of the
 CentOS stuff in favor of webmin.
 ( I can write systemd scripts, install/remove/update software
 packages, etc. and webmin "just works" independent of the
 brokenness in the OS )

--
Cowboy

cowboy.cwf1.com