[RDD] Rivendell Missing Daemons

Graham Wilman gwillman at hotmail.co.uk
Tue May 19 09:36:26 EDT 2015

 Hi

I am in serious need of help I am currently in the process of helping a community radio station get set up in the United Kingdom, as we are currently operating on a show string budget, we are using the open source version of Rivendell.
For the past couple of months Rivendell has being running smoothly on Centos and we have managed to load over 3000 songs on to the system, how ever yesterday 18/05/2015 I was editing one of the songs and doing the track marks, when all of a sudden it came up with an error on that track, I can't remember the specifics but it did appear to be a rpx error which I thought may just of been a corrupt  cart, but when I came out of the edit screen and rebooted and tried to restart Rivendell it came back with "Missing Daemons, Unable to start Rivendell Daemons" when I managed to get a list of daemons in the centos terminal screen it showed that Jackd and CAED (core audio engine daemon) where there, but the ripcd and rdcatchd are missing, unfortunately I am an absolute newbie when it comes to Rivendell and we are due to start broadcasting in a few weeks time and we need to start training our broadcasters, so this is a matter of urgency and any assistance/help will be very much appreciated.

All the best
Graham Wilman