[RDD] Split output

Robert thewirelessstation at gmail.com
Thu May 7 14:15:31 EDT 2015

On 05/07/2015 09:14 AM, James L. Stewart wrote:
> what would be the best (and ideally, simplest) way to have a
> split output for different regions. I.e. the main programming and music
> would be common, but adverts and idents would be different for each output.

I run two logs each generated on a 'main' server which have some common
elements and some unique elements [id's ads etc]. 'Playout' servers hold
a copy of all music and 'local' audio elements.

In our case same song may not play at same time: Same format, stations
are 400km apart so no problem.

It's all managed by a series of shell scripts and RCCATCH at each location.

Master server plays both logs to ensure play counters are updated.

Have run one additional location that played a duplicate log with local
inserts.

You can have whatever you want. Logs are pulled out of mysql on master
and copied to slaves as are cart changes.

Music update is done as required for broadcast, so adding 100 music
carts to the master won't overload the update system.

Even have ip monitoring to deal with unreliable ISP whose 'fixed ip'
service is broken.

regards

Robert

--