[RDD] Play a live stream with Rivendell?

Wayne Merricks waynemerricks at thevoiceasia.com
Mon May 4 06:01:46 EDT 2015

You would have to use an external player but if you are using JACK, you
could use the RN macro to spawn cvlc and connect to the same outputs as
Rivendell.

You'd also have to have a cart that stopped the feed (rn killall cvlc or
something).

If you're not using JACK you'd have to pass cvlc to a different sound
card and then onto the on air play out via a desk fader. Obviously you'd
have to remember to leave this fader turned on and you could do a
generic now & next announcement but if the live event played music you
couldn't automatically change to that.

Also be aware that by streaming you'll probably have a delay of up to 30
seconds with buffers and things unless you really tune it down.

Wayne Merricks
The Voice Asia