[RDD] Cuts and carts query

Dan Mills dan.mills.00 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 28 07:32:22 EDT 2015

Indeed, the smallest schedulable element is Riv is the cart, which cut
plays is driven by the weightings and dayparting logic.

Most carts in a typical music library setup will contain but a single
cut, while traffic and ident carts may well have more.
You might sometimes have a music cart with say two versions of a
track, one marked evergreen and one dayparted for after 9PM or
whatever works for you, which will ensure that the beeped out version
will run any time it is played before 9PM, with the dayparted one
running for any playout after that time (This however is one of the
very few cases where more then a single cut in a music library cart
makes sense).

Cuts and carts are nomenclature from back in the day when carts were
boxes containing endless loops of 1/4 inch tape, with audio and a
control track, you could put several things on a cart, but every time
you hit play the next item on the cart would play, there was typically
no good way to seek a particular item.

Sorry, but cart as a container for an album is not going to work.

Regards, Dan.