[RDD] Using macro to set a variable

Wayne Merricks waynemerricks at thevoiceasia.com
Tue Jul 28 05:46:49 EDT 2015

I don't think its as simple as using RN with %a for the artist or
whatever.  You can use the RLM stuff quite easily though you'll have to
do a bit of C and recompile it.

Have a look at rlm_test in the source to see if this is something you
can amend.

This test rlm simply prints all the info to the screen whenever now/next
changes.  You could combine it with curl to get/post to a PHP script or
something.  Or if its a simple shell script, in the
rlm_test_RLMPadDataSent function just replace all the printf stuff with
someting like this:

char cmd[1024];
sprintf(cmd,"/path/to/my/script.sh \"Now Playing Cart %06u: Artist: %s -
Title: %s\"", now->rlm_cartnum, now->rlm_artist, now->rlm_title);

printf("cmd: %s", cmd);
system(cmd);

My C is very rusty so you may have to tweak this to get it to compile.

Regards,

Wayne Merricks
The Voice Asia