[RDD] Darkice

Wayne Merricks waynemerricks at thevoiceasia.com
Mon Jul 27 06:28:50 EDT 2015

Hi,

The most reliable way I found was to use JACK, Liquidsoap and Icecast
then set Live365 to a relay stream pointing to your Icecast.

I do the same for live outside broadcast boxes where having the Riv
library is handy to cover any performer faffing.

Its not very easy to illustrate by text but the setup is fairly generic:

Rivendell -> JACK -> OUT 1 / 2 -> Mixing Desk

Mixing Desk -> IN 1 / 2 -> JACK -> Liquidsoap -> Icecast ==> Live 365
via relay stream.

I sometimes use Jamin between liquidsoap and JACK so I can mess with
compression settings.  I also put rotter on the liquidsoap output to
archive for legal reasons.

The only trouble with relay is whenever live365 do maintenance they
usually reset your stream to basic mode which means a trip to their
webpage to select relay again.

Regards,

Wayne Merricks
The Voice Asia