[RDD] Fade down the current event; start the next one

Rob Landry 41001140 at interpring.com
Thu Jul 23 21:15:08 EDT 2015

On Thu, 23 Jul 2015, Pedro Picoto wrote:

> Followed this tutorial...

> http://rivendell.tryphon.org/wiki/How_to_play_time_tone_pips_and_fade_the_c
> urrently_playing_audio

That did not work for me. Audio faded down, never came back up.

My script, however, works well. This is the third time I've run into RML
commands not working in rdairplay but working perfectly well from a
script. The last time involved triggering a weekly EAS test. The command
wouldn't work in rdairplay, but if rdairplay called a script to run it, it
worked flawlessly.

I also have a machine on Cape Cod that has to tell a Rivendell machine in
Framingham, 90 miles away, to feed audio from a particular studio to a
Barix box whose stream the Cape Cod machine then switches on the air. That
too needed a script.

Rivendell plays very well with scripts, fortunately.

Rob