[RDD] Fade down the current event; start the next one

Wayne Merricks waynemerricks at thevoiceasia.com
Thu Jul 23 18:13:37 EDT 2015

Hi Rob,

Just for everyone elses reference, Aux Logs was my solution.  The main
problem being you can't simultaneously play stuff in the same log with
the exception of segues.  So the problem you faced was in the main log
your song played, then cut off to do a nice 3 second fade and 5 second
wait of completely silent audio.

I forget the macro commands in my old age, yours seem to be about right
but just in case its basically this:

Fade Main Log 3 seconds
Sleep 3 seconds (to cover the fade)
Play Next Main Log

If you're doing a timed event for pips or something be wary about using
a 00:00 timed start as when the logs change over weird things can
happen.

I solved that by making sure my clocks will be playing something random
near to the top of the hour.  At 59:50 I do a make next so my pips or
whatever is ready to go.

I then use the aux log combination above to start at about 59:56.  By
the time the play next kicks in, its within a second of the actual time
which when you consider encoder and transmission latency is accurate
enough.

My aux log pretty much does just this all day and by the end of the day
it just reloads itself so the log is ready to "play" again.

Regards,

Wayne