[RDD] Syncing Riv between sites

Wayne Merricks waynemerricks at thevoiceasia.com
Mon Jul 20 17:16:56 EDT 2015

Yeah I thought as much.  I figure if I check in with the people who
know better once every year or so, some bright spark may have performed
miracles.

I wouldn't actually mind too much if MySQL generated a manual
reconciliation list but from memory it doesn't say much and the first
thing you notice is your syncing stops working.  At which point there
are usually dozens of changes to try and figure out.

I may have to accept that cross continent changes will be overwritten
nightly, it is certainly the simpler option.

The only other thing I can think of is to set up a separate Riv group
with enforced cart numbers for imports at each location.  I'd still lose
the synchronicity of play counters but I could probably script an rsync
and db update based on number ranges every once in a while.  But then
you still get potential for offline updates of files/db that could
overlap and you're right back at square one.

Thanks for the suggestions both of you either way.