[RDD] Syncing Riv between sites

Mike Carroll druidlabs at gmail.com
Mon Jul 20 13:25:35 EDT 2015

You'll also have the issue of race conditions: if user Alice on Riv #1
updates a log while the network is down, and sometime later Bob on Riv #2
also updates the log, what are the final contents of the log when the
networks are reconnected?  MySQL does replication, but it doesn't do
reconciliation.

++hobbitt

On Mon, Jul 20, 2015 at 7:11 AM, Stan Fotinos <sfotinos at rtrfm.com.au> wrote:

>  Hi Wayne
>
> As far as syncing songs added maybe some sort of drop box setup on both
> sides might do the trick. Play counters etc might be a bit tricky to sync
> instantly over the net with unreliable links...
>
> Thanks
>
> Stan
>
> On 20/07/2015 9:39 pm, Wayne Merricks wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
> I don't have a good solution for keeping databases and audio sync'ed
> between live Rivendell systems.
>
> In an ideal world I'm trying to achieve this (but I accept I don't think
> its possible):
>
>    - Unreliable link between offices (Questionable Internet and wiring on
>    different continents)
>    - Person locally adds song to Riv and it propagates to the remote
>    somehow and vice versa (two way replication).
>
> The simplest way I guess would be nightly updates (rsync, mysqldump etc)
> but then I would lose audio imported at the remote station and play
> counters etc.
>
> Just wondering if anyone has any bright ideas?
>
> Cheers,
>
> --
> Wayne Merricks
> The Voice Asia