[RDD] network slowdown

VE4PER / Andy ve4per at aim.com
Sun Jul 19 22:15:44 EDT 2015

tried ipfire no success went back to smoothwall one.

everything to auto only no gateways etc and wired network is fine as
long as isp modem is on.

turn it off and just hangs waiting for some timeout it appears.

Also if I connect a wlan0 to a wireless router using a different isp
modem  and turn both wlan0 and eth0 on doesn't know where to find inet
so hangs up. would have thot OS would check both and use first one that
comes back with a live and/or fastest  connection automatically.