[RDD] network slowdown

VE4PER / Andy ve4per at aim.com
Sun Jul 19 16:10:30 EDT 2015

But in the absence of an actual internal dns/dhcp server ( only firewall
pc emulating same (smoothwall version)) because www modem is turned off
will it still not time out as well with each attempt to connect with
nautilus, dolphin or file manager etc?

Even if I remove gateway addresses from the dns lists on the eth
interfaces properties the dns client s/w won't get any response it
normally sees anyway unless there is an internal LAN dns server that can
work independently on it's own when the www modem is shut down. Is this
not the case?

I guess what I am in need of is info to set up pvt lan as a scaled down
intranet so that when the www connection is dropped all internal
services will function normally

--
VE4PER A.E.(Andy) Webb
email: ve4per at rac.ca