[RDD] OT Pi Audio Quality + SIP Hybrids

Wayne Merricks waynemerricks at thevoiceasia.com
Wed Jul 15 15:57:29 EDT 2015

Hi all,

As it seems to be asked any time the Pi is bought up.  The built in
audio quality on the Pi is fine but not audiophile standard.  However I
just found out about iqaudio.com.  They produce HATs for the Pi (add on
boards that you plug on top, no soldering).

They have some very nice audio HATs that are highly rated.  Sadly no
XLRs but if you want a cheap audio upgrade without going full USB sound
cards check them out.  It seems to be about $49 for the DAC board and
$79 for a full 2 x 20w 4ohm amp.

As a side note, does anyone know of a command line SIP Phone client,
something I can setup with whatever system mic and output?  I've got an
idea for a SIP/PBX hybrid suitable for broadcasting, just stumbling over
this small piece of the puzzle.

Regards,

Wayne