[RDD] Max size of importing audio

Alessio Elmi alessio_elmi at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 13 15:53:23 EDT 2015

I was noticing that importing very big audio files leads sometimes to
"Audio conversion error". We're talking of file of about 2 hours in plain
wave format (a bit more that 1.2 GB).

I suspect the reason is because the /tmp (or the ram?) is getting full or
something like that. However on the / there are more than 25GB available so
I cannot figure out where it gets stuck.

Splitting that in two solves the problem but I'd like to understand it
better for the future. Given available resource, what's the largest file I
can import?

Thank you

Alessio