[RDD] Linux Version for a new install with Livewire

Frederick Gleason fredg at paravelsystems.com
Fri Jan 23 15:02:48 EST 2015

On Jan 23, 2015, at 04:04 07, Pascal Vanbel - Radio Universitaire Namuroise 88, 1 MHz FM <pvb at run.be> wrote:

> Since we've bought an Axia IQ, I'm thinking using LiveWire.
>
> Which version of Linux do you recommend ? I was thinking Debian Jessie but it's still in beta even if it's frozen. But I don't know if Livewire Linux Drivers will run on it. In worst case scenario, I guess the final version will appear soon (or not) ?

You have two options here WRT LiveWire:

1) The Linux LiveWire driver (ALSA)

2) AudioScience ASI6x85 card [http://www.audioscience.com/internet/products/livewire/livewire.htm]

Option 1) is available only on certain distros (see http://www.paravelsystems.com/manuals/livewire_driver-supported_distros.pdf for a list).  Option 2) can cost a bit more, but provides support for things like time scaling while also being pretty much distro-independent.