[RDD] rivendell and distant rds encoder

drew Roberts zotzbro at gmail.com
Fri Jan 23 06:26:25 EST 2015

Lorne, rather than the polling, you can go the other way as talked of in
relation to the TuneIn API:

http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.radio.rivendell.user/8141

Have now and next run a script and update a file with the metadata. Have
the script get the metadata from the file and wget or curl a GET from an
apache server at the transmitter site.

Hint:
URL1="http://transmittersiteurl/tunein/Playing.php?partnerId=
"$pid"&partnerKey="$pkey"&id="$stid"&title="$title"&artist="$artist"&album="$album""
wget $URL1 -O /dev/null

Then let that Playing,php at the transmitter end do what it needs to to get
the data to the RDS.

You can see the results of this being done here:

http://tunein.com/radio/Bahamian-Or-Nuttin-s239034/

all the best,

drew