[RDD] Rivendell under a VirtualBox machine?

Mike Carroll druidlabs at gmail.com
Mon Jan 19 17:52:16 EST 2015

Hi, Richard.  I arbitrarily chose 40G for the hard drive, with 2G main
memory and either 1 or 2 cpus, depending on my mood. <smile>

BUT: Every time I've installed from the appliance DVD, the CentOS installer
has puked on "bare metal" disks (like a newly-created virtual disk).
During install, you have to select "Create custom layout". Once you're on
the custom layout screen you MUST select "Reset" to clear what appears to
be residual partition info from the install process. THEN you have to
partition the drive yourself.

I create the root partition (/) as ext4, forced to primary, 25G. Then a
swap partition of 5G. And finally /var/snd as the leftover 10G.  You can
skip the /var/snd if you're planning a standalone system - the install
processing will put /var/snd under the root partition.

++hobbitt