[RDD] Rivendell under a VirtualBox machine?

Cowboy curt at cwf1.com
Mon Jan 19 16:08:15 EST 2015

On Monday 19 January 2015 03:20:37 pm Mike Carroll wrote:
> Thanks for the responses.  And I forgot to mention I'm running the VM on
> Windows 7 Pro.

 Uh, I'm sorry for you.
 That, I've never done.
 ( if I run Winxxx anything at all, it's inside a VM, not hosting it )

> If it turns out I need the guest add-ons, I'll need to re-install the
> system and ensure I have the build environment included, 'cause I can't
> download 'em after the install.

 Running the VM on a Linux host, that's never a problem.

> We're considering the VM as an intake box and a secondary log editing
> workstation. I'm hoping audio latency won't be a problem for those uses.
> And for my own use, a way to play with macros, logs, etc, without an impact
> on the production systems.

 As long as your "intake" is as files, and not as audio, you should be OK.

--
Cowboy

http://cowboy.cwf1.com

Before Xerox, five carbons were the maximum extension of anybody's
ego.