[RDD] different formats in /var/snd

Keywan Najafi Tonekaboni lists at prometoys.net
Sun Jan 18 04:49:05 EST 2015

Hi,

Am Samstag, den 17.01.2015, 19:20 -0500 schrieb John Anderson:
> If the audio is playing right, (which means you likely have an ASI or
> other really decent audio card) you're likely okay, but if it were me,
> and now knowing if there is a way to convert the files on the fly, you
> could always export the audio thru rdlibrary,  to a wav, and then
> re-import it to the standard you want..

this sounds like a lot of work. can I convert just the audio file?

ffmpeg -i /var/snd/012345_001.wav -ar 48000 -acodec pcm_s16le /tmp/012345_001.wav
# maybe a check, if conversion was ok
mv /tmp/012345_001.wav /var/snd/012345_001.wav

> I don't think I would use two different file formats, on the same
> machine though...if your cards change to something that doesn't
> understand both formats, it's going to be a real problem...

Yes, this is, why I'm worry to.

Did rivendell store, which CUT has which format?

Thanks,

Keywan

P.S.:

This is a more or less accurate reconstruction of what I did:

Installed computer "wesley" with rivendell. Setup mp2 as format for
wesley. wesley was my rivendell-"server" (/var/snd, nfs, mysql, http
xport)

Installed computer "lisa" with rivendell with mysql on localhost. rsync
wesley:/var/snd to lisa.

add host entry for lisa on rdadmin at wesley, backup rd db with rdadmin on
wesley, restored on lisa, changed lisa to "server" (http xport, mysql,
nfs).

mass import via rdimport on lisa. (here was my mistake, didn't changed
the host config for lisa properly in rdadmin)

later in rdadmin: changed for host lisa file format to mp2

now all files from wesley and the new files are mp2, all mass imported
files (mostly music) is wav.

--
Keywan Najafi Tonekaboni <me at prometoys.net>
http://www.prometoys.net