[RDD] Log transition issue

Lorne Tyndale ltyndale at tyndaleweb.com
Tue Jan 13 10:54:53 EST 2015

> Coming from a RCS Master Control background, its impossible to have that
> system auto load the wrong days log.   The on air playout module will by
> design only automatically air a log for January 15 on January 15.

Having also worked with RCS Master Control and Selector, I agree that
this is one of the features of that system which works nicely and also
allows for the appearance of having one big long log without having to
load a new log each day at midnight.

While I admit that I have not looked into its database structure to see
how it does this, I suspect that it has a date field as a part of its
database structure for storing logs.

I'm not sure if this would be possible to do within Rivendell's current
structure.