[RDD] Log transition issue

Aaron Jowitt Aaron.Jowitt at rebelmedia.com.au
Tue Jan 13 04:52:05 EST 2015

Coming from a RCS Master Control background, its impossible to have that
system auto load the wrong days log.   The on air playout module will by
design only automatically air a log for January 15 on January 15.  You
can manually force it to load a log for a non-current day, but these are
opened in a special "browse only' mode that will not automatically
automate the log.

In the rare event we have not had enough content in the last hour of the
day, it will sit and wait, (emergency backup tape kicks in 15s later and
sends us alarm alerts) and then RCS will load/execute the new days log
at midnight, which will always be the correct log for that day.  That
has been the perfect behavior for us, and would be ideal RD behavior for
us.

Repeating part of a day, or worse still executing the wrong days log
(with no silence alerts to tell us this was happening) would be a disaster.

While ensuring sufficient content in a RD  log running up to or past
midnight may prevent the issue, I believe it is desirable that RD by
design never fails to load a log at the end of the day and has optional
protection against ever playing the wrong days log. Perhaps a simple
RDAdmin option to auto restrict a log generated for day xx to day xx
would achieve this?