[RDD] Moving Library From Machine to Another

Brandon Sossamon brandon.sossamon at gmail.com
Thu Jan 30 15:04:10 EST 2014

I am planning to load into my new machine this weekend.  I have a good bit
of my library set with markers and would like to keep that.  Upon looking
into the wiki for help, I found the following article:

Can I move just my audio carts to another Rivendell System?

Q: I would like to do a total Rivendell database overhaul and basically
start over with a new system setup. The only thing that I would like to
keep is my music library. Is there a way that I can keep the music data
(name, artist, album, scheduler codes, etc.) and easily integrate it back
into a new rivendell database?

A: You might want to check out the 'rivendell-filter' utility (part of the
'rivendell-importers' package), which was designed to do precisely this
sort of thing --i.e. copy carts from one Rivendell DB to another.

Frederick F. Gleason, Jr. Chief Developer Paravel Systems

Note: See /usr/share/doc/rivendell/RIVENDELL_FILTER.txt on a computer with
Rivendell installed for more information.

I entered the above path and it gave me a "no such file or directory"
error.  Are there further directions elsewhere?  Anyone have any tips on
making this sort of move?  Will moving the database do the same or just the
data?

--
brandon sossamon