[RDD] Generic non-Rivendell MySQL question

Cowboy curt at cwf1.com
Tue Jan 28 15:49:18 EST 2014

On Tuesday 28 January 2014 03:16:20 pm Chris Howard - CBR wrote:
> SQL is not procedural.
> It is all about result sets.
> So don't think of it like a loop or something.
>
> Every statement but INSERT has to have a WHERE clause
> attached to it in order to limit the rows being changed
> or the rows being selected.  The WHERE clause is the filter
> and the crux of it.

 My brain functions IF, THEN, ELSE.
 The rest is syntax, and the limitations of the chosen language.
 I'm having trouble with syntax, and the limitations of the
 language, AND the limitations of how one talks to mysql.

 And, that it got stupid busy here today.
 I'm getting nothing done, spinning wheels.

--
Cowboy

http://cowboy.cwf1.com

So, what's with this guy Gideon, anyway?  And why can't he ever
remember his Bible?