[RDD] [Off Topic] Serial Port logger?

Wayne Merricks waynemerricks at thevoiceasia.com
Fri Jan 10 14:56:40 EST 2014

logrotate is your friend.

 From the man pages:

  logrotate  is  designed to ease administration of systems that generate
        large numbers of log files.  It allows automatic rotation,
compression,
        removal, and mailing of log files.  Each log file may be handled
daily,
        weekly, monthly, or when it grows too large.

        Normally, logrotate is run as a daily cron job.

from what I remember you add your log file to the logrotate config and
it rotates/emails/compresses/whatever on the schedule you specify.

Regards,

Wayne Merricks
The Voice Asia