[RDD] [Off Topic] Serial Port logger?

Alan Smith alansmith at flinn.com
Fri Jan 10 14:34:03 EST 2014

I'll research it, but I forgot a little detail:

Serial Logger service (for windows) rotates the files on a schedule that
I specify:  Such as daily (what I use).  At midnight it closes out the
day's file, and creates a new one.  The filename of each file is the date.

EASMON works similarly, but I think its rotation is fixed to a weekly
bases.  IMHO that is too long-if you have a RWT on Tuesday, but power
fails on Thursday, you've lost the log.  We have UPS systems, but I
still prefer daily rotations.

-Alan