[RDD] two questions: Multi-chapter works and generate a log and reuse it

Wayne Merricks waynemerricks at thevoiceasia.com
Tue Jan 7 13:33:05 EST 2014

The single cart thing will play at random any valid cuts so won't do
what you expect.

I can't think of an easy way to automate chapters as it all ends with
messy manual editing and random variation.

You would be better off creating a cart that contains single cuts of
however many chapters you can fit.  E.g. Chapters 1 - 10 takes 58
minutes so thats cut 1.  Chapters 11 - 15 take 56 minutes, cut 2... etc.

Then you can day part the cuts so that cut 1 only plays on Monday 13th
Jan , 2 on Tuesday 14th etc.

After that you can schedule fillers after the event.

I've never tried repeating a log in the same day, doing it manually
would be easy, you could generate the 8 hours (be careful with your hard
times), then save a copy, point the chain to on the original to the copy
and theres your 16 hours.

The hard times are a deal breaker there though as they start from the
original clock points so you'd have two things happening at 12:00 and
one messed up log.

If all your 8 hours are similar to the Pride and Prejudice with mainly
static day parted content and random filler then you could just make
clocks for 8 hours then repeat them for the following 8 hours.  All you
would get is different random filler which might actually be better or
worse depending on what you're after.

There is nothing stopping you using the scheduler for a generic base and
manually tweaking afterwards, it might actually end up being less of a
head ache this way.

Regards,

Wayne Merricks
The Voice Asia