[RDD] RML Question?

Larry larry at radiobygrace.com
Mon Jan 6 18:31:00 EST 2014

Karl Koscher <supersat at ...> writes:

> It's the port number that's defined in rdadmin for that host. You need
to configure your serial ports there first so that Rivendell knows the
right baud rate, etc.

CjkNVAPgp/pgZUGgfUe5PQ at public.gmane.org> wrote:

> Has anyone ever tried to use the SO (Serial Out) command in RML? The SO
> requires the <port-number> before the command string. Is this asking for
> the com1, or S0 or /dev/ttyS0? I am having no luck making the SO command
> work so it would be helpful to know what RML is asking for.
rivendell-dev

Thank you for the reply Karl. I can’t believe that I am the first to try
this out. I was hoping the author would chime in and let me know what
<port-num> means, for example is it just one digit like 0.

I have been using the ST and SR commands in RML so I know the serial is
configured correctly. I removed the switcher from Host in RDAdmin.
Under “Serial Ports” in RDAdmin the port ID is “Serial0” and the tty
device is “/dev/ttyS0”. RML for serial out is “ SO <port-num> <string>!”.
The string for ACS 8.2+ is “*0FU03” to make it fade up on input 3. Should
it be “SO 0 *0FU03!” to send the string to serial 0? I have done this and
it does not work.