[RDD] Fwd: What reliable ALSA cards are you using?

Robert Jeffares jeffares.robert at gmail.com
Mon Jan 6 14:38:49 EST 2014

I have M-Audio cards in 4 machines and a permanent search on ebay and
the local trademe site.

Thousands of these cards were sold to home recording enthusiasts who
have moved on for various reasons, and they generally don't get a lot of
attention so prices are low.

They work with alsa, record and play, but you do have to remember to set
44100 because they default to 48,000.

M-Audio 2496 has RCA In and Out and needs an external boost by about
20DB and they work in high RF locations [ 3 AM Tx]

The 44 have balanced out but still need 20db to follow.

Well worth the effort.

Robert Jeffares