[RDD] Rivendell 2.6.1

Richard Gorbutt richard at gorbutt.com
Thu Jan 2 19:00:26 EST 2014

I can confirm same issue on Linux Mint Maya. I can narrow it down a bit.

In an empty log, if you drop the cart on the "--- end of log ---" marker or
above, it is fine, drop the cart below that line (even if the log does now
contain carts) and poof, away it goes. "Segmentation Fault". The any other
drag from rdlibrary will kill rdlibrary as soon as you drop.

That said, for a .x.1 minor update, the Drag and Drop is to me, a 2.7
really. A fantastic change to workflow for the better. Many thanks Fred and
team. You have made my life a lot easier for setting up logs, panels etc.

Now a question for Linux guru's (I'm getting better at it all the time).

I'm using the Mint version based on Ubuntu 12.04 LTS and I decided to
compile 2.6.1 and when I added all the dependencies, when it got to
libjack-dev, it needed to uninstall jackd, jack2 & qjackctl!!! After
compiling and installing, I re-added my Jack stuff back and had to unistall
libjack-dev!!! In previous linux editions I've never had that happen. Any
thoughts why?

Much appreciated, Richard