[RDD] Tips for speeding up RDLogManager?

Mike Carroll druidlabs at gmail.com
Fri Dec 26 23:40:52 EST 2014

We're experimenting with RDLogManager.  I set up three events (legal id,
station break, music), then created one clock that uses them as "legal,
musicx5, break, musicx5, break, musicx5, break, musicx5".  ("musicx5" means
5 music events.) I then created a Monday grid with that clock in only one
hour; all others were empty.

When I generated a log with those settings it took 15 minutes wall-clock
time to generate the one-hour log. Projecting that implies that it'll take
6 hours to generate a 24-hour log.  This was run using the workstation
Appliance (Centos 6, Rivendell 2.10) on a Dell Inspiron 530 (Intel Core2
Duo at 2.0Ghz, 3G memory).

There's nothing special going on.
"Legal" pulls carts from the "legal" group, with artist separation of 10
(we have 150+ legal carts).
"Break" does the same from the "id" group, also with separation of 10 (150+
carts).
"Music" selects from the "music" group, with separation of 100.
The scheduler rules for the clock are max in a row of 1 and min wait of 0
for all codes (we have several dozen).

RDLogManager does not report any errors. The generated log looks
appropriate.

Do other folks have this problem? How do you speed up the log generation
process?

Thanks for any tips.

Mike Carroll
--