[RDD] Inadequate feature in RD 2

Michael Barnes barnmichael at gmail.com
Mon Dec 15 13:20:16 EST 2014

I've heard from several locations that are using Rivendell with the 32KD
and like it a lot.  The issue is, they are using a single frame 32KD.  With
a single frame, the commands are the same as the old 64000 and Rivendell
handles it fine.  I have three frames with 1536 crosspoints.  We fixed the
crosspoint issue in the source and recompiled.  We found one place we
thought would handle the four digit channel numbers, but it doesn't work
completely.   And the prefix code for the three digit numbers is ^T which
works fine, but we need to send four digit codes with a prefix of ^ET.  We
haven't found anything yet in the source that addresses the prefix sent.
It must be there someplace because the many other switchers that RD
supports I'm sure use different prefixes and such.

Michael

On Fri, Dec 12, 2014 at 5:51 PM, Frederick Gleason <fredg at paravelsystems.com