[RDD] Question about maximum carts

Frederick Gleason fredg at paravelsystems.com
Sat Dec 13 13:40:50 EST 2014

On Dec 13, 2014, at 13:24 16, Lorne Tyndale <ltyndale at tyndaleweb.com> wrote:

> I see that in lib/rd.h there is a RD_MAX_CART_NUMBER definition.  I'm
> just wondering - if there was a desire to increase the maximum number of
> carts available, would that be the one item to change and then
> recompile, or are there additional changes to either the database and /
> or other code which would be needed?

There’d be a few other modifications needed --e.g. the name mapping for files in the audio store, as well as edge cases like the scheduler interfaces, where there are assumptions about the number of digits in cart numbers.  That said though, I wouldn’t expect it to be particularly difficult to increase the range — I could probably do it in about a day.  As you’ve pointed out though, there’s really not much practical need.  I can think of only one broadcaster the US that could need that many cart numbers, and I don’t see them moving to RD anytime soon.